Taxi driver/operator licences

Licence (operator) for hackney carriage/private hire

If you want to operate hackney carriages or private hire cars from a base in Lichfield District, you will need apply for a proprietor's licence.

If you wish to drive one of the vehicles yourself, you will also need the driver's licence. All of your drivers will need to be individually licensed. 

Apply for a proprietor's licence

Please send your completed application form and correct fee (please make cheques payable to Lichfield District Council) to:

Licensing team, Lichfield District Council, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6ZD