LABC awards – nominations sought across partnership area
Entries for the LABC West Midlands Building Excellence Awards 2020 are now open and the six councils that make up Central Building Control Partnership, including Lichfield District Council, are encouraging the local construction industry and homeowners in their areas to nominate their projects.
Central Building Control Partnership, that works to provide a healthy, safe, sustainable and accessible built environment across six areas in central England, is highlighting the awards that are held annually by LABC - Local Authority Building Control.
The LABC West Midlands Building Excellence Awards 2020 celebrate and reward building projects across ten categories, including best extension, best local builder, best new home and more.
Building control surveyors, builders, architects, designers, homeowners and anyone else involved in a construction project that have used Central Building Control Partnership, or one of the local authorities that make up the partnership, can enter the West Midlands awards.
The partnership area includes Lichfield District, South Staffordshire, Tamworth Borough, South Derbyshire, Nuneaton & Bedworth and North Warwickshire.
Shortlisted entries will be invited to the regional awards, and winners will be invited to the grand finals, which are held in London and expected to attract over 800 guests.
For the 2020 awards (projects completed in 2019) there are ten categories:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing dwelling
- Best local builder or traditional craftsperson
- Best change of use of an existing building
- Best individual new home
- Best new housing development (split into small and large during judging)
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service or educational building
- Best commercial project (split into small and large during judging)
- LABC construction professional of the year
- Best partnership with a local authority building control team
Ged Cooper, Central Building Control Partnership Manager, said:
“We know we have some stunning and innovative building projects across the six local authority areas that our partnership covers.
“I hope plenty of the people and businesses we have worked with, either as part of the newly launched partnership or as the individual councils, will enter their projects and get the recognition they deserve.
“It is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate our thriving building industry and see them highlighted for their hard work and dedication.”
The deadline to enter is Friday 20 March 2020.
To find out how to enter the LABC West Midlands Building Excellence Awards 2020, please visit www.centralbc.org.uk/labc-awards.
Central Building Control Partnership includes:
• Lichfield District Council
• Tamworth Borough Council
• South Staffordshire Council
• South Derbyshire District Council
• Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council
• North Warwickshire Borough Council