Council Cabinet roles redefined
Lichfield district council has announced changes to the current Cabinet structure to provide more executive capacity and better align with the new strategic priorities and recovery plans.
Councillor Iain Eadie will remain as Deputy Leader and takes up a more focused portfolio as Cabinet Member for Visitor Economy & the Local Plan.
A new cabinet role has been introduced with Councillor Liz Little becoming the Cabinet Member for Major Projects & Economic Development. She will also retain lead role on Friary Grange Leisure Centre.
Councillor Ashley Yeates becomes Cabinet Member for Community Engagement and Cllr Cox joins Cabinet with responsibility for Leisure, Parks & Waste.
Councillor Rob Strachan takes on additional areas as Cabinet Member for Finance, Procurement, Customer Services, Revenues & Benefits while Councillor Angela Lax takes on housing as Cabinet Member for Regulatory, Housing & Health. Councillor Andy Smith becomes Cabinet Member for Innovation, Commercialisation and Corporate Services.
Cllr Doug Pullen, Leader of Lichfield District Council, said:
“It has been a challenging first year for Cabinet with many high profile issues to deal with.
“We have an ambitious work programme in the next 12 months and need more ‘hands on deck’. The revised portfolios are designed to help members balance their responsibilities more effectively and provide support to each other where these overlap.
“By working together we can face the next few months with confidence and a greater capacity to serve the district as a whole, through better decision making and a clear focus on community engagement and key projects.”
Cabinet appointments are decided by the Leader of the Council. The amendments to the Cabinet structure will also lead to changes in the chairmanship of Scrutiny Committees which will be detailed in reports to be sent to full council on 14 July. Current committee membership can be found at www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/committees.
Lichfield District Council’s cabinet:
- Cllr Doug Pullen – Leader of the Council
- Cllr Iain Eadie – Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Visitor Economy & Local Plan
- Cllr Liz Little – Cabinet Member for Major Projects & Economic Development
- Cllr Ashley Yeates – Cabinet Member for Community Engagement
- Cllr Rob Strachan – Cabinet Member for Finance, Procurement, Customer Services, Revenues & Benefits
- Cllr Angela Lax – Cabinet Member for Regulatory, Housing & Health
- Cllr Andy Smith – Cabinet Member for Innovation, Commercialisation and Corporate Services
- Cllr Richard Cox – Cabinet Member for Leisure, Parks & Waste