#LoveLocal virtual support for district businesses
Businesses across Lichfield District are being invited to take part in online sessions that will provide support, advice and sharing of information on Covid-19 matters, to make sure they can continue to trade safely and successfully.
This October and November Lichfield District Council is hosting a series of #LoveLocal advice sessions over the Zoom platform, enabling the council to engage with local businesses, including retail and hospitality sectors, to see what can be done to support them now and in the run up to Christmas.
The sessions will also give businesses the chance to feedback any ideas they might have to develop the #LoveLocal campaign further.
This forms part of the package of initiatives the council has introduced to promote Lichfield city and Burntwood town centres and other high streets across the district, enabling businesses to trade and customers to feel safe and secure in returning to use local facilities.
Councillor Liz Little, Cabinet Member responsible for Economic Development, said:
“These virtual sessions are a good way for businesses to double check they are following the guidance and to question anything they are unsure of.
“They will also give us the chance to find out if there are more ways we can support our local businesses, especially as we head into the festive season.
“We want to help local traders to be the best they can this Christmas, making sure they are prepared and have all the tools they need to offer safe environments for their staff and customers.”
The #LoveLocal virtual sessions will run at the following times:
- Wednesday 21 October at 2pm for all businesses
- Monday 26 October at 11am for all businesses
- Wednesday 28 October at 2pm for hospitality businesses
- Monday 2 November at 11am for retail businesses
- Wednesday 4 November at 2pm for all businesses
- Monday 9 November at 11am for all businesses
- Wednesday 11 November at 2pm for hospitality businesses
- Monday 16 November at 11am for retail businesses
- Wednesday 18 November at 2pm for all businesses
- Monday 23 November at 11am for all businesses
The #LoveLocal campaign is supported by the Reopening High Streets Safely project, funded by the European Regional Development Fund.