Lichfield District Council services during national lockdown
Nearly all of Lichfield District Council services will continue to operate as normal during the national lockdown but there are some changes that we have had to make.
- Waste collection services will continue to operate as normal and Staffordshire County Council’s household waste recycling centres in Lichfield and Burntwood will remain open.
- Streetscene and grounds maintenance teams will continue to work to ensure the district remains clean, tidy and well presented.
- Parks and playgrounds will remain open to support physical activity and mental wellbeing but visitors must adhere to social distancing guidance.
- Organised sports including football, tennis, golf, bowls etc. cannot now take place. Outdoor gym equipment and skate parks cannot be used during the lockdown.
- Face to face sessions organised by Active Lichfield including the Getin2it project have been suspended but the Healthy at Home programme has been re-launched and can be seen on the Active Lichfield website.
- Burntwood and Friary Grange leisure centres will be closed. More details regarding the closure arrangements can be found on the Freedom Leisure website. Burntwood Leisure Centre will re-open as soon as permitted by government but Friary Grange will remain closed throughout December to allow for repair works to be continued.
- The Visitor Information desk at St Mary’s will be closed. More information is available on the Visit Lichfield website.
Support for businesses and residents will continue throughout the national lockdown. Our customer service reception is closed to visitors but the majority of our services can be accessed online.
View our latest Covid-19 information and guidance. Regular updates will also be provided on social media.