Draft strategic plan 2020 to 2024
We are putting together our Strategic Plan that will set out our vision for the council from 2020 to 2024.
It will help us to focus on what is important locally and to direct our resources and budget where they will have the most benefit for local people and businesses.
We need to know if we have selected the right priorities for the district. These are to enable people, shape place, develop prosperity and be a good council that innovates and puts our customers at the heart of all we do.
- to help themselves and others
- to collaborate and engage with us
- to live healthy and active lives
- to keep it clean, green and safe
- to protect our most valuable assets
- to make sure sustainability and infrastructure needs are balanced
- to encourage growth
- to enhance the district for visitors
- to invest in the future
A good council that
- is financially sound, transparent and accountable
- is innovative and customer focussed
- has respect for everyone
We are holding a series of focus groups in January 2020 for local people to give us their feedback on our priorities, and hope plenty of people from right across the district will get involved.