Planning permission application forms

If you need planning permission, the best way to apply for planning permission is through the government's Planning Portal, which is designed to help you complete an application and create a professional quality site location plan by downloading appropriate Ordnance Survey maps.

It even calculates the correct fees for you and allows you to pay online.

You don't have to complete your application in one go - you can re-visit and re-edit when it suits you - it's that easy! When complete, your application and site map can be printed and mailed, or sent to our planning department electronically. You will then be able to track the progress of your application online throughout the approval process.

Apply for permission on the Planning Portal

Other useful forms

House extensions

Change of use guidance and forms

Guidance and prior notification forms needed for proposed change of use. This includes change of use to state funded schools, agricultural buildings, and shops. 

Application for a certificate of lawfulness of proposed works to a listed building

Planning application for development relating to the onshore extraction of oil and gas

Application for non-material amendments following planning permission

This application type is now available through the Planning Portal's online system, and the paper form chooser (login required).

Other application forms 

Notification for the erection or construction of a collection facility.

Notification for use of buildings or land for commercial film making.

Notification for installation, alteration or replacement of other solar photovoltaics