Comment on a planning application
Who decides on planning applications?
The majority of planning applications we receive are determined by officers (under delegated powers).
Generally, planning applications are only considered by our planning committee if:
- significant planning objections are raised by a parish / town council and officers are recommending approval
- a Lichfield District councillor has 'called in' an application
- it is on/relates to council owned land
- the applicant is either a Lichfield District councillor or an officer of the council
- there is a S106 legal agreement pertaining to more than two obligations
Find out more about our planning committee.