Local plan strategy
This section includes all documents relating to the local plan. This includes the adopted local plan, the saved policies of the 1998 Lichfield District local plan and the policies maps.
Local plan strategy
The local plan strategy 2008 - 2029 was adopted by full council on Tuesday 17 February 2015. The local plan strategy is the first part of the local plan for Lichfield District and has ben followed by the local plan allocations which was adopted by full council on 16 July 2019. The local plan strategy and allocations documents replace the saved policies of the 1998 Lichfield District local plan as set out at Appendix J of the local plan strategy.
Local plan strategy 2008 - 2029 adoption
The local plan strategy 2008 - 2029 was adopted by full council on Tuesday 17 February 2015. The local plan strategy and supporting documents can be viewed below:
- Lichfield District local plan strategy 2008-2029 (Adopted version)
- Local plan strategy policies maps
- Local plan strategy adoption statement
- Local plan strategy sustainability appraisal
- Sustainability appraisal adoption statement
- Habitat regulations assessment for Lichfield District & Tamworth Borough & addendum to habitat regulations assessment
- Equality impact assessment of the Lichfield District local plan strategy
We received the inspector's final report on 16 January 2015. The report concluded that the Lichfield District local plan strategy was legally compliant, and provides an appropriate basis to guide future development across the Lichfield District area until 2029, subject to a number of modifications being made to the plan. With these modifications the Lichfield District local plan strategy 2008 - 2029 satisfies the requirements of Section 20 (5) of the 2004 Act and meets the criteria for soundness in the national planning policy framework. In addition, we identified additional other modifications that will also be incorporated into the adopted plan.