Our planning customer promise
Consideration of applications & making decisions
- Ensure all decisions are made in accordance with the relevant legislation and planning policy but also take into account other relevant material considerations.
- Act in a positive and proactive manner and look to find solutions where possible.
- Not seek changes or amended information if no pre-application advice was sought and the proposals are clearly unacceptable in planning policy terms.
- Reference all points raised in consultation or neighbour responses on applications in the planning officer’s report.
- Publish the officer's report and the decision to view on our website within 48 hours of the decision being made.