A collaborative approach
It is important to realise that effective pre-application discussion will only be achieved where there is commitment from both the developer and us.
As the local planning authority, we will provide a consistent and fair approach to pre-application discussions in relation to all forms of planning proposals.
We will also commit to the following in providing pre-application advice:
- Provide a named point of contact who will lead on the pre-application discussion.
- Arrange meetings, where requested and provide timely information.
- Involve, where possible, other key consultees in discussions.
- Seek to identify key issues or constraints relevant to the proposal.
- Undertake a review of relevant planning history related to the site.
- Provide advice on groups or organisations that you may wish to additional consult as part of the pre-application consultation.
- Ensure that negotiations and discussions involve the right staff and we provide a coordinated view.
- Identify any information that will be required for the planning application.
- Provide a written response to the pre-application query in a timely manner.
- Where requested, provide guidance on the determination process including a guide to the timescales within which an application will be determined.
Developer will be expected to:
Provide information in advance for consideration/discussion, including:
- location plan
- layout plan (preferably to scale)
- description of the proposals, including dimensions
- notes of any existing features or buildings within the site i.e. trees or water courses
- any required fee (see schedule of fees for pre-application advice).
Additional information can also be submitted i.e. plans of the existing site/land use and sketches/plans of the proposed form of development. The more information provided can ensure we provide a more accurate response.
The developer will also be expected to:
- allow time/resources to engage in discussions
- respond within any mutually agreed timescales
- attend meetings or allow site access where required.