Complain about a council service

If you feel we are doing something wrong, or have provided a poor service, please tell us, so we can put it right. 

The quickest way to sort out a problem is to let is know and give us a chance to put it right, before making a formal complaint - the best way to do this is to contact the team responsible for the service.

If we don't put things right, please submit a formal complaint, so we can look into your issue in more depth using our two-stage complaints process.

Before submitting a complaint, please also check the list below, which outlines things that are not handled through our complaints process - for example a complaint about a planning decision or a complaint about a councillor.

We also cannot reopen a complaint after a decision has been made by the Local Government Ombudsman. In addition, we cannot reopen a complaint that have already been through court/tribunal proceedings, or where a separate appeals process exists.

Make a complaint