Complain about a council service
If you feel we are doing something wrong, or have provided a poor service, please tell us, so we can put it right.
The quickest way to sort out a problem is to let is know and give us a chance to put it right, before making a formal complaint - the best way to do this is to contact the team responsible for the service.
If we don't put things right, please submit a formal complaint, so we can look into your issue in more depth using our two-stage complaints process.
Before submitting a complaint, please also check the list below, which outlines things that are not handled through our complaints process - for example a complaint about a planning decision or a complaint about a councillor.
- If you want to make a missed bin, noise, smoke, anti-social behaviour, graffiti, or other complaint about issues in the local area - we've got lots of online forms in our report it section to help you do this.
- If you want to make a complaint about potholes or gritting bins and roads, please report it to Staffordshire County Council.
- If you are not happy about a planning decision, please follow the planning appeal process.
- If you want to complain about a councillor - find out about councillor complaints.
- If you want to make an insurance claim - find out about insurance claims.
- If you want to make a health and safety complaint about a local premises/business - fill in our health and safety complaint form.
We also cannot reopen a complaint after a decision has been made by the Local Government Ombudsman. In addition, we cannot reopen a complaint that have already been through court/tribunal proceedings, or where a separate appeals process exists.