Complain about a council service
Our promise to you
The level of service you will receive during the investigation of your complaint at stages one and two is set out below:
- Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days.
- Our target is to give you a full response within 20 working days or let you know why it is not possible to achieve this together with a new target date.
- You will not be treated adversely as a result of making a complaint.
- Confidentiality - the information you provide is protected under the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to process this information, your details may need to be passed to a relevant third party (the identity of a person making a complaint will only be made known to those who consider the complaint and not revealed to any other person, or made public by us), if you do not want this information passing on, please let us know. Anonymous complaints will be investigated as far as possible in accordance with the set procedure.
- Where we are at fault, we will do our best to put things right.