Dog control public spaces protection order consultation
This consultation is now closed
- Lichfield District wide
Lichfield District Council currently has one Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) in place.
The full details of the PSPO can be seen here (Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, Section 59) but in summary the Order:
- Creates dog exclusion zones, which ban dogs from being taken into local playgrounds, particularly those designed for younger children.
- Requires anyone in charge of a dog in a public place to be able to prove they have a way to clean up dog mess, such as carrying a bag with them.
- Requires anyone in charge of a dog to clean up any resulting dog mess in a public area and put it in a litter or dog waste bin or take it home with them if one is not available.
Dog exclusion zones are in the following play areas:
- Beacon Park's junior play area only
- Darnford Park play area
- Saddlers Wood play area
- Stowe Pool junior play area only
- Stychbrook Park play area
- Darwin Park play areas
- Chase Terrace Park play area
- Burntwood Park play area
- Hawksyard play area
It is a criminal offence not to comply with the order, which could lead to a fixed penalty notice or prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000.
If approved, it would be a criminal offence not to comply with the order, which could lead to a fixed penalty notice of £80 or even a prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000.
To have your say on the proposed dog public space protection order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 March 2021.