Apply for pre-application advice
How much does it cost?
|Householder and advertisements||£42 + £35 extra per additional meeting|
|Change of use of land or buildings to a non-residential (dwelling) use.||£180|
|Minor developments - 1 to 4 dwellings; sites up to 0.49ha; up to 499sqm.||£180 + £50 extra per additional meeting|
|Minor developments - 5 to 9 dwellings; sites of 0.5 to 0.99ha; 500 to 999sqm floor area.||£360 + £100 extra per additional meeting.|
|Major developments (b) - 10 to 49 dwellings; sites of up to 1.9ha or 1,000 to 4,999sqm gross floor area.||£720 + £150 extra per additional meeting.|
|Major developments (a) - 50 to 199 dwellings or 2ha to 3.9ha site area or 5,000 to 9,999 sqm gross floor area.||£1,440 + £200 extra per additional meeting.|
|Strategic major developments - 200+ dwellings or over four ha site area or more than 10,000 sqm gross floor area.||£2160 + £300 extra per additional meeting.|
|Planning Performance Agreement (PPAs) or bespoke arrangements in relation to large scale, complex or strategic proposals where a bespoke charge is more suitable. This may include schemes where a PPA is involved.||
To be agreed via negotiation
All charges are inclusive of VAT and are non-refundable. Download our schedule of fees for pre-application guidance for more information.
Are there any exemptions from charges?
The following pre-application discussions do not incur a charge:
- Planning discussions following enforcement investigation
- Where the enquiry is made by a local authority or county council
- Where the enquiry is made by a parish or town council
- Where the development is for the direct benefit of a disabled person/s (and as such there would be no fee incurred to make a planning application)
- Works in respect of tree preservation orders
- Works to a listed building or in a conservation area, where no planning application fee would be required.
- Advice about how to submit a planning application or a fee enquiry.