Street trading policy consultation
This consultation is now closed
- Lichfield District wide
We are consulting on some proposed changes to our street trading policy. The purpose of the street trading policy is ensure regulation and allow us to accommodate street trading and events which complement existing businesses, provide protection for residents as well as contributing to the local economy and character of the area.
In addition to the above considerations it proposes the following key changes for consultation:
- Some local exemptions for example for community events and goods from farms sold outside their premises
- The addition of seasonal and multi-site consents
- The requirement for DBS checks for mobile traders
- Criminal record disclosures and declarations.
- Consultation with key stakeholders for all traders other than those trading at events
Responses can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the licensing team at the Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6YU.