About freedom of information (FOI) requests
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public 'a general right of access' to information held by all public authorities (including district councils, county councils, central government and organisations such as the BBC), subject to certain exemptions.
We are also required to produce a publication scheme, which specifies the types of information we publish or intend to publish, how it will be published, whether we will charge for the information, or whether we will provide it free of charge. For more about Freedom of Information view a copy of the act or download our Freedom of information policy and our Freedom of information guidelines.
Since the introduction of the act, we have responded to hundreds of requests, so before submitting your request, why not find out whether we have already published the information you are looking for, or whether we can't supply the information you are looking for:
- Animal establishments, sanctuaries and dangerous animals
- Business rate full list and credit balance information
- Car parking locations, prices and statistics
- Cybersecurity questions
- Former Friarsgate project
- Friary Grange Leisure Centre
- Housing stock and tower blocks
- Public health funerals
- Public toilets, location, costs and complaints
- Taxi licensing
- Waste and recycling
- Information about services provided by other councils
If you can't find what you are looking for please make a freedom of information request.