Temporary event notices (TENs)

How many TENs can I apply for?

You need a TEN for each event you hold on the same premises.

  • You can get up to five TENs a year.
  • If you already have a personal licence to sell alcohol, you can be given up to 50 TENs a year.
  • A single premises can have up to 15 TENs applied for in one year, as long as the total length of the events is not more than 21 days.

If you’re organising separate but consecutive events, there must be at least a 24 hour gap between them.