Gambling, machines and lottery permits

If you want to run a betting office, race track, bingo club or adult gaming centre, you'll need a premises licence. We will not consider any applications for casinos in the district.

If you run a licensed premises (such as a bar or pub), a member's club, or a family entertainment centre, and wish to have gaming machines or activity on your premises, you will need to apply to us for a permit:

If you want to run a small society lottery, and your principal office is based in Lichfield District, you do not need a licence/permit, but you do need to be registered with us. If you are a retailer who wants to apply for a National Lottery terminal, visit 

* Category D: Maximum stake = 10p or 30p non-monetary / Maximum prize = £5 cash or £8 non-monetary. Download our table of machine categories.