Online application help
I saved my application more than 10 days ago and can’t log back on
For security reasons, we only keep saved applications for 10 days from the date they are first started. If you do not return to it within this time, the data you entered is deleted from our system and you will need to start the application process again.
I've forgotten my tracking reference
Your tracking reference is displayed when you save your incomplete application. If you entered an email address, you will also have been sent an email when you saved your application and this will contain your tracking reference.
There is a function on the retrieve page to request a forgotten tracking reference - please check your spam or junk email folders for this email as it can sometimes be sent there.
We recommend you make a safe note of your tracking reference to avoid having to start another application.
My tracking number doesn't work
Your tracking reference is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as it appears. Please do not attempt to copy and paste this key from your email.
I have a technical issue with my claim form
If you are suffering technical problems and cannot fully complete the form without encountering issues, please contact us on 01543 308900 during the hours of 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, and we will try to help.
Due to the many different software and hardware differences that may be involved in the device you are using to access the form, we cannot offer personalised technical guidance.
My address doesn't show up in the list when I look for it
There are many different reasons for this:
- Lichfield District Council is not your council and you need to claim housing benefit/local council tax support from your correct council (you can check which council area you live in by visiting www.gov.uk and entering your postcode).
- The property is a new build and we have not yet received notification from the valuation office agency to tell us it has been completed.
- You live on a houseboat and royal mail doesn’t recognise your mooring.
- You live in a static caravan and royal mail doesn’t recognise your site.
If your property is a new build, you live on a houseboat, or you live in a static caravan, you can enter your address manually:
- Click ‘I don't know the postcode’.
- You will then see a link ‘enter an address manually’. You will be able to type in your address and progress with the form.
System maintenance times
Our benefits system is not available between 2am & 2.15am (Monday - Thursdays) and 2am & 4am (early Saturday mornings) to allow for maintenance to take place.
Please do not use our benefits system between these times, as you may lose your data. Thank you.