Paying our suppliers
Payments and ordering statement - no purchase order (PO), no pay policy
We have a 'no purchase order, no pay' policy which means that without an official purchase order number, payment of invoices could be delayed.
Suppliers are asked not to accept an order from us without an official purchase order number and to always quote the purchase order numbers when invoicing.
Please note: this will mean that the LDC accounts payable team will reject invoices without a valid purchase order number quoted on the invoice and return them to the supplier.
Benefits of the policy
The policy was introduced to:
- Reduce delays due unnecessary invoice queries
- Speed up payment process & ensure payment is made promptly
- Improve cash flow
- Ensure LDC only pay for goods and services that have been properly authorised at the time of the commitment
- Reduce our processing costs
- Ensure less manual intervention
- Improve procurement-to-pay process within the council
Invoicing the council
To support this process, all invoices must be submitted directly by email or posted to:Accounts Payable, Lichfield District Council, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6YY
Our phone number is 01543 308021 and you can fax us at 01543 308019.
If your invoice is returned due to the lack of a purchase order being processed, you should contact the member of staff at LDC who gave the original instruction to supply the goods or services and ask them to provide a valid PO number. This is a 5 digit number beginning "5” or “6". When obtained, the invoice can then be resubmitted, quoting the valid PO number.