Club premises certificates

Vary a certificate

If you want to make changes to your club premises certificate, you will need to apply to vary your certificate.

Possible changes could include changing opening/serving hours, adding new licensable activities, amending, adding or removing conditions within a licence, or altering any aspect of the layout of the premises which is shown on the plan.

Any substantial changes will require you to submit a full application to vary a club premises certificate. However, for some/minor changes, you may be able to submit a minor variation application - contact our licensing team to check first.

As well as your completed application form, you will need to submit:

  • Your current club premises certificate
  • A plan of the premises (if the variation includes changes to the internal layout of the premises)
  • The correct fee - double check the fee you will need to pay and please make cheques payable to Lichfield District Council

Please send your completed application forms to:

Licensing team, Lichfield District Council, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6YY

Displaying your certificate

You must display the certificate at your premises where it can be easily seen.

The other pages of the certificate should be kept safely at the premises. Police or council officers can ask to inspect them at any time.

You can be jailed for up to 6 months and/or fined if you provide alcohol or entertainment without the necessary certificate or without following its conditions.