Help with your rent

If you need financial help to pay your rent, you need to apply for either universal credit or housing benefit:

Apply to us for housing benefit if:

Apply for housing benefit 

Please note: this form is not compatible with internet explorer 11. 

Apply to the government for universal credit if:

You should apply to the government for universal credit if you answered no to all of the above.

Apply for universal credit

If you would also like help towards your council tax bill, you will also need to apply to us for local council tax support. Read our privacy notice

Please note: Our benefits system is not available between 2am & 2.15am (Monday - Thursdays) and 2am & 4am (early Saturday mornings) to allow for maintenance to take place. Please do not use our benefits system between these times, as you may lose your data. Thank you.