Help with your rent
If you need financial help to pay your rent, you need to apply for either universal credit or housing benefit:
Apply to us for housing benefit if:
- You are of state pension age (find out more about changes that affect couples where one has reached state pension age and the other has not)
- You live in supported accommodation - find out more
- You live in temporary council homeless accommodation
- You already receive a severe disability premium in your income support, income-related employment and support allowance, income-based jobseekers allowance or housing benefit – find out more
- You can apply for help towards your council tax at the same time.
- Read our privacy notice
Apply to the government for universal credit if:
You should apply to the government for universal credit if you answered no to all of the above.
Please note: Our benefits system is not available between 2am & 2.15am (Monday - Thursdays) and 2am & 4am (early Saturday mornings) to allow for maintenance to take place. Please do not use our benefits system between these times, as you may lose your data. Thank you.