What if I don't pay my business rates?
Action we may take against you
If you fall into arrears, we may take various recovery action, including:
- issuing reminder and final notices.
- making deductions from benefits.
- making deductions from earnings.
- obtaining court orders.
- referring the debt to enforcement agents.
- requesting the court to make a charge on your property.
- bankruptcy action against the debtor.
- committing the debtor to prison.
If you are struggling to pay your business rates, or if you fall into arrears with your business rates, please contact our recovery team on 01543 308885 or 01543 308887 as soon as possible so that we can work with you to make arrangements for a mutually acceptable payment arrangement.