Safeguarding is about protecting children and adults at risk from ill-treatment and harm.
We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults at risk are protected and kept safe from harm whilst they are engaged in services commissioned, organised or provided directly by us.
We safeguard, promote wellbeing and protect children and adults at risk in several ways:
- Raising awareness of signs and reporting mechanisms with employees, elected members and volunteers and providing training appropriate to their needs.
- Passing on any safeguarding concerns we have to appropriate agencies.
- Ensuring the council follows safer recruitment procedures.
- Working effectively with other agencies to safeguard children and adults at risk.
It is not our role to decide whether a child or adults at risk has been abused or not. This is the responsibility of Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board and Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Adult Safeguarding Partnership Boards. It is however, everybody’s responsibility to ensure that concerns are shared and appropriate action taken.
View our policy and procedure:
- Safeguarding children and adults at risk of abuse and neglect policy
- Safeguarding children and adults at risk procedure
View the annual reports for: