Energy saving advice and grants
Financial help available
If you need to improve the energy efficiency of your home, or are struggling to stay warm in winter/afford your energy bills, there is a vareity of local schemes available to help, which are detailed below:
Warmer homes, greener district scheme
Warmer homes, greener district freephone advice line could help offers impartial over-the-phone advice on:
- How to stay warmer in winter.
- Problems with heating and hot water.
- Fuel bills, fuel debt and dealing with energy suppliers.
- What grants and assistance is currently available.
- Energy efficiency improvements and renewable technologies.
If you are eligible, the team can also help you access grants and other financial assistance to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Am I eligible?
To eligible for financial assistance you must be able to say yes to all three of the below criteria:
- you are claiming a means tested benefit (such as universal credit) or earn less than £31,000 per annum for your household (including benefits and pensions).
- your home must have an energy rating of an E, F or G.
- your boiler must have been installed before 2005.
If you have a long-term health condition that is being exacerbated by the cold you can also ask your doctor to refer you to the the scheme and do not necessarily need to meet the above criteria - please ask your doctor to call the team on 0800 677 1543.
How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria and want to apply, or to find out more, call the team on 0800 677 1543.
The Great British Insulation Scheme
If you are on a low income and need financial help to install roof insulation, why not register your interest in The Great British Insulation Scheme.
Staffordshire Warmer Homes
Staffordshire Warmer Homes is a scheme run by Staffordshire County Council, in partnership with district and borough councils.
Its goal is to combat fuel poverty across the county and help residents to heat their homes for less using greener and more energy efficient solutions.