Scrap metal licences

Under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013, all scrap metal dealers, motor salvage operators and vehicle dismantlers - either based on a site or mobile/itinerant collectors - need a licence to trade.

There are two types of licence:

  • Site licence - for scrap metal dealerships on fixed sites
  • Collector's licence - if you wish to collect scrap metal

This section provides more information on how to apply and fees.