Website, cookies and my account/self service
If you are a user with general public access, the Lichfield District Council website (lichfielddc.gov.uk) logs a number called your IP address which is automatically recognised by the system.
The system will record personal information if you:
- subscribe to or apply for services that require personal information;
- report a fault and give your contact details for us to respond;
- contact us and leave your details for us to respond.
This statement only covers the council websites maintained by us, and does not cover other websites linked from our site.
My account/self service
We use a range of different systems, requiring a different account username and password to sign in. We make sure these are kept secure in our systems but you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computers and other applicable devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
To make this site simpler, we sometimes place small data files on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you've given so you don't need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Our cookies aren't used to identify you personally. They're just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit About Cookies website.