Smart AI Assistant
This privacy notice applies to anyone who is using Lichfield District Council's chatbot on the website
Lichfield District Council uses the chat bot to facilitate 24/7 instant answers on a range of topics for residents. If the chat bot does not have the answer to the question asked, this will then be handed to a customer services advisor.
The personal data we collect from you to facilitate this includes:
The legal basis for processing this data is Consent.
We do not hand sensitive data over our live chat (chat bot). If we require sensitive data or you wish to share sensitive data, we will arrange to contact you back through alternative methods or signpost you to our secure online services.
Why we need your data
We require your data in order to enable the chatbot and or customer services representative to locate the correct information.
What we do with your data
To be able to process your query and return the information you are requesting. We store live chats for three months within our secure internal systems, after which they are automatically deleted from the system.
Historic live chats are stored for up to seven years in our database, after which they are automatically deleted from the system.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will only share your data if we are required to do so by law.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of the data we collect about you.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
- request a copy of your live chat or historic chat*
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased, if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that we only process your data in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer - you can find their contact details below.
If you gave your consent for us to collect and process your data, you have the right to:
- withdraw your consent - this can be done at any time
- request a copy of your personal data - this copy will be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
The data controller is Lichfield District Council – a data controller determines how and why personal data can be processed. Read the Lichfield District Council’s entry in the Data Protection Public Register for more information.
*If you have a complaint or query in relation to a live chat or historic chat you can request, we review the transcript. In order to locate the transcript, we will require the date and time of the contact. Without the date or time, it may not be possible for us to locate the transcript.
Changes to this notice
Contact the Data Protection Officer if you either:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
- want to make a subject access request (SARS)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgData Protection Officer, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6YU
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Email: email@example.comCommissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860