Why do we collect information about you?
We need to collect and hold information about you, in order to:
- deliver public services
- deliver private services e.g. garden waste collection
- confirm your identity to provide some services
- contact you by post, email or telephone
- understand your needs to provide the services that you request
- understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- update your customer records
- help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what services the people of Lichfield need
- process financial transactions
- prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
- obtain your opinion about our services
- allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- make sure we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equalities
If you are legally obliged to provide information to us or it is a contractual requirement or a requirement to enter in to a contract we will tell you. We will also tell you about the potential consequences if you do not provide the required information. For instance this may mean that we are unable to provide you with a product or service.