Skip to content

Camping, caravanning and mobile homes

If you want to run a caravan or camping site you will need a licence. If you run a mobile home site, you need to adhere to mobile home site rules. Find out more below:

Camping and caravanning site licence

To run a caravan and/or camping site you will need a licence. You must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site. Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.

You will have to apply for planning permission before you can get a licence. There is no fee for this application.

When applying, you will need to provide a scale plan of the site. It will also help if you have proof that planning permission has been granted. These documented can be uploaded if you apply online.

Mobile home site rules

The Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014 lay out the procedure for making, varying and deleting site rules, as well as listing matters on which site rules can and cannot be made. The Regulations require formal consultation between the site owner and residents before the rules are ‘deposited’ with us. 

There are several prescribed forms that must be used throughout the process, which can be downloaded from

A clear appeal procedure is provided should a resident wish to challenge any of the rules proposed. Once the site rules have been ‘deposited’ the Regulations state that we must establish and maintain a register of site rules of sites in our area and publish that register online.  

View our register of site rules

Services A - ZSee all services
Get in touch or visit...

Our location and travel details >>

Phone our contact centre: 01543 308 000
District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY

If you need to contact a team direct, please visit our contacts page for team phone numbers and email addresses.

Opening times

Our main reception at Frog Lane in Lichfield is open Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm.