Premises licences

Apply for a new premises licence

You will need to apply for a premises licence if you want to provide public entertainment, films or plays, late night refreshment and/or alcohol.

Apply for a new premises licence

You can apply and pay for a new premises licence online at the government website. Please read the guidance carefully before submitting your application to ensure you are aware of the statutory requirements. 

You will also need to upload a premises plan and a consent form completed by proposed designated premises supervisor (DPS).

Download our privacy statement

Displaying your licence

You must display the licence summary at your premises where it can be easily seen. The licence will name the DPS.

The other pages of the licence should be kept safely at the premises. Police or council officers can ask to inspect them at any time.