Ukraine support and guidance
A handy guide
Individuals, charities, community groups and businesses can become a sponsor for refugees who wish to come to the UK, but have no family ties here through the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
Our role is to:
- welcome Ukraine guests to the area.
- liaise with local volunteer groups.
- complete property checks.
- issue emergency payments to Ukraine guests.
- facilitate rehousing in cases of relationship breakdown or sponsorship ends.
If you are Ukrainian coming to the UK, read our guidance for Ukrainians.
If you would like to sponsor Ukrainians, read our guidance for sponsors.
NEWS UPDATE: Community groups that are looking to help Ukrainian refugees can now apply for a special grant. The fund, which is from Staffordshire County Council and managed by The Community Foundation for Staffordshire, will see grants of up to £10,000 awarded to community and voluntary groups that are helping resettled families. Find out more.