Modern slavery and human trafficking statement
The council will meet the following standards and also expects those with whom it does business, to meet them to:
- Support every individual’s human right to live free from abuse, servitude and inhumane treatment;
- Promote ethical business and operational practices in corporate activity and services delivered;
- Take appropriate steps to ensure, as far as is reasonable possible, that slavery and human trafficking is not taking part in any of its business or supply chains;
- Take reports of witnessed, suspected or disclosed concerns of slavery and human trafficking seriously and ensure that such reports are shared with appropriate law enforcement and other partner agencies in order that they can be fully investigated;
- Take appropriate action to address actual instances of slavery and human trafficking brought to the council’s attention and to take all reasonable steps to support and protect its victims.