Filming council meetings policy
From time to time our public meetings may be filmed - either by citizen journalists, members of the press or members of the public.
If you would like to film a meeting, or do not want to appear in a film of a public meeting, please read the following information:
Important information for film makers:
- If you wish to film during a public meeting, you must give advance notice to the clerk by 3pm on the day of the meeting. Please call 01543 308000 and ask to speak to the clerk responsible for the meeting.
- This will allow the Chairman to make an announcement at the start of the meeting that filming will take place. It will also allow members of the public who do not wish to be filmed to alert the Chairman, or to leave the meeting.
- If you have not alerted the clerk and an announcement has not been made, please do not film the meeting.
- Should the Chairman deem your film making to be disruptive or distracting to the meeting, he/she will ask you to stop filming.
- The Chairman’s decision will be final and we ask that you respect it.
Important information for members of the public:
- If a meeting is to be filmed, an announcement will be made at the start of the meeting by the Chairman.
- Should you not wish to be filmed, please alert the Chairman following the announcement.
- The film maker will be asked to respect your wishes not to be filmed.
If you have any queries regarding filming of meetings, please contact [email protected]