Geographical Information System (GIS) overview
Our corporate geographical information system is a great way to present potentially dry data that would normally be in tables or words in a way everyone will understand.
Our GIS team can provide a comprehensive range of spatial and mapping services that cover all aspects of the district - from historical mapping, to ward and parish boundaries.
What we can provide on a map
- Aerial mapping and other imagery data
- Historical mapping
- The location of council buildings
- The areas of ground the council maintains
- Ward and parish boundaries
- Planning and development Information
- Council tax bandings for properties
- Fire and police call information - such as where burglaries or fires have been reported from
- Flood mapping
- Fly-tipping locations
- Health data
- Adopted and unadopted roads
- Refuse collection maps
- Salt and gritting routes
- Deprivation maps
- Speed limits
- Tree preservation order locations
- New build locations and properties under construction
- Neighbourhood statistics
- Royal Mail database
- Winter weather forecasts
- Traffic route information and delays for major roads such as M6 Toll, A38 and M42
- And lots more!
Contact the team
For more information about the services we can provide, email [email protected] or call us on 01543 308763.
Online geographical information
If you would like to access geographical information about Lichfield District and its surroundings, please use the following links: