Burntwood neighbourhood plan
Burntwood town council are in the process of preparing a neighbourhood plan for their area. This page provides the latest information in terms of their progress.
Neighbourhood plan examination
The Burntwood neighbourhood plan was independently examined between late 2019 and early 2020.The examiner's report was received on 21 February 2020.
On 29 May 2020, the Council via delegated authority agreed to proceed to referendum on the draft Burntwood neighbourhood plan. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations a decision statement has been published.
Given the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation the government has introduced new regulations and guidance in relation to neighbourhood planning. This has postponed all referendums scheduled or to be undertaken until after 5 May 2021 or until a time that such regulations change in response to the ongoing Covid-19 situation. A referendum version of the neighbourhood plan which incorporates the recommendations of the decision statement has been prepared. Further information in relation to the referendum will be provided as soon as is possible.
Submission neighbourhood plan and consultation
Burntwood town council have now submitted the Burntwood neighbourhood plan to us. In accordance with regulation 16 of the neighbourhood planning regulations we will now consult on the Burntwood neighbourhood plan for a six week period. The consultation ran from Friday 9 August 2019 to Friday 20 September 2019. The neighbourhood plan and its associated documents can be viewed below:
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan (submission document)
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan basic conditions statement
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan consultation statement
- Burntwood designated neighbourhood area map
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan habitat regulations assessment addendum (May 2019), habitat regulations assessment (March 2019), strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulations assessment screening report (2018) and strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulations assessment screening report 2017
- Burntwood neighbourhood development plan - Planning policy background and evidence base review
You can make representations to the consultation via our consultation portal or in writing to:
- Online through our consultation portal
- In writing by email to [email protected]
- In writing to Spatial Policy and Delivery, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6YZ.
When making representations please use the representation form which can be downloaded below:
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan representation form (pdf)
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan representation form (word)
Burntwood Town Council published their draft neighbourhood plan and undertook a six week consultation between 20 April to 4 June 2018.
Neighbourhood area designation
The Burntwood neighbourhood area has been designated having been approved 8 April 2014 (the relevant body making the application is Burntwood Town Council).
Access the consultation portal to view comments on the proposed neighbourhood area designation.
SEA & HRA screening report
Burntwood Town Council requested that we undertake a screening process of the draft neighbourhood plan to determine the need for strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and habitat regulations assessment (HRA).