Burntwood neighbourhood plan
Burntwood town council are in the process of preparing a neighbourhood plan for their area. This page provides the latest information in terms of their progress.
Neighbourhood plan examination
The Burntwood neighbourhood plan is currently under examination. Mr Nigel McGurk BSc (Hons) MCD MBA MRTPI has been appointed to undertake the examination. Any further information relating to the examination will be added to this page in due course.
The examiner has issued a clarification letter to Lichfield District Council and Burntwood Town Council.
Submission neighbourhood plan and consultation
Burntwood town council have now submitted the Burntwood neighbourhood plan to Lichfield District Council. In accordance with regulation 16 of the neighbourhood planning regulations the district council will now consult on the Burntwood neighbourhood plan for a six week period. The consultation ran from Friday 9 August 2019 to Friday 20 September 2019. The neighbourhood plan and its associated documents can be viewed below:
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan (submission document)
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan basic conditions statement
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan consultation statement
- Burntwood designated neighbourhood area map
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan habitat regulations assessment addendum (May 2019), habitat regulations assessment (March 2019), strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulations assessment screening report (2018) and strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulations assessment screening report 2017
- Burntwood neighbourhood development plan - Planning policy background and evidence base review
You can make representations to the consultation via our consultation portal or in writing to:
- Online through our consultation portal
- In writing by email to [email protected]
- In writing to Spatial Policy and Delivery, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6YZ.
When making representations please use the representation form which can be downloaded below:
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan representation form (pdf)
- Burntwood neighbourhood plan representation form (word)
Burntwood Town Council published their draft neighbourhood plan and undertook a six week consultation between 20 April to 4 June 2018.
Neighbourhood area designation
The Burntwood neighbourhood area has been designated having been approved 8 April 2014 (the relevant body making the application is Burntwood Town Council).
Access the consultation portal to view comments on the proposed neighbourhood area designation.
SEA & HRA screening report
Burntwood Town Council requested that we undertake a screening process of the draft neighbourhood plan to determine the need for strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and habitat regulations assessment (HRA).