Do I need planning permission?

Listed buildings, conservation areas and withdrawn permitted development rights

Depending on where you live, you may need additional permissions/consents, or you may need planning permissions even if people living elsewhere don't for the same type of work.

For example if you have a listed building, want to do external works to a building in a conservation areas or own a building where permitted development rights have been withdrawn.

Where permitted development rights have been withdrawn, a planning application may be necessary - find out more about property history (including permitted development rights).