Self build and custom build homes

Am I eligible?

Following the Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Regulations (2016), in order to successfully register you must:

  • Be aged 18 or over
  • Be a British citizen, a national of a EEA State other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland
  • Be seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land for your own self-build and custom housebuilding project
  • Pay a registration fee to Lichfield District Council of £100(+VAT)

If you would like more information the self-build portal is a government endorsed website: