Street trading licences and fees (general and special event)
About applying to trade at a street-based special event
If you would like to trade on our streets at a special event you will need to apply for a street trading licence.
If you are an event organiser and want to apply for a special event subsidy, find out more.
- The street trading licence fee must be paid in addition to any stall/event booking fee you may be charged by the event organiser, and the application processes are separate.
- Applications for a street trading licence can take up to two weeks to process.
- You will only be able to select from approved special events in the form - if the event is not listed, it has not yet been registered as a special event, so please contact the event organiser.
- If you are planning to sell food you must be registered with the local council where your business is based, and have a minimum four star Food Standards Hygiene Rating (find out more).
- If you are not food registered and your business is based in Lichfield District, find out how to register.
- Remember, you may also need other licenses/permits - such as alcohol licenses (such as a TEN) and charity collection permits.
- Licence fees are non-refundable, even if the special event is later cancelled - read our street trading policy to find out more.
Food and drink stalls requiring a food hygiene rating
£21 for the first day and £13 for each subsequent day (if booked at the same time).
Non-food and drink stalls without the requirement for a food hygiene rating
|£13 per day and £7.50 for each subsequent day (if booked at the same time).|