There are a number of elections taking place on 6 May 2021:
- Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Elections (rescheduled from May 2020)
- Staffordshire County Council elections – 8 divisions
- Lichfield City (Stowe ward) parish by-election
- Summerfield & All Saints district by-election
- Burntwood neighbourhood planning referendum
- Notice of election agents' names and offices - county election
- Notice of election agents' names and offices - ward by-election
- Notice of election agent names - PFCC
- Statement of persons nominated - PFCC
- Statement of persons nominated - Stowe parish city council by-election
- Statement of persons nominated - Staffordshire county council
- Statement of persons nominated - Summerfield and All Saints ward, district council
To vote in the elections, you must first be registered to vote - you can register to vote online in just 5 minutes. The deadline for voter registration applications is 19 April 2021 for this election.
You can then vote in the following ways:
- in a polling station
- vote by post (application deadline 20 April 2021, including changes/cancellations)
- appoint someone you trust to vote on your behalf, known as a proxy vote (application deadline 20 April 2021, including changes/cancellations).
The first batch of postal votes will be posted on 19 April 2021. Any postal votes received after 8 April 2021 will be posted on 26 April. A timetable for the upcoming May 2021 elections can be found here.