Report a change in circumstances or address

Report a change in circumstances

If you move home, please report a change of address.

If you receive help with your rent through us (housing benefit) and/or help towards your council tax bill (local council tax support) you also need to let us know if your circumstances change - the following are changes that you must report:

  • You or your partner start work or change jobs.
  • Your rent changes.
  • You or your partner have any changes in your income or capital.
  • Anyone in your household has a change in income.
  • You or your partner are paid overtime or you have variable earnings that are much higher or lower than the figure used in your claim.
  • Someone moves into or moves out of your house. 
  • Your child benefit stops.
  • Your childcare costs change or stop.
  • If you start to receive universal credit or you have a change in your award.
  • You or your partner’s employment support allowance, income support, jobseekers allowance, pension credit or universal credit stops.
  • If you receive the savings credit element of pension credit and your savings go above £16,000.

How to report a change

To report a change in circumstances you will need to provide the following information:

  • Surname
  • Date of birth
  • National insurance number
  • Post code
  • Your claim reference

You will also need to upload scanned/photocopied/photo evidence of any changes to your claim - for example if your rent has changed we will need to see your new tenancy agreement or rent book.

Please note: this form is not compatible with internet explorer 11. 

Report a change of circumstances

Please read our full privacy notice.

Please note: Our benefits system is not available between 2am to 2.15am (Monday to Thursdays) and 2am to 4am (early Saturday mornings) to allow for maintenance to take place. Please do not use our benefits system between these times, as you may lose your data. Thank you.