Report a change in circumstances or address

Report a change of address

If you move home, you will need to tell us if you have moved address for council tax purposes.

If you receive help with your rent through us (housing benefit) and/or help towards your council tax bill (local council tax support) you also need to let us know if you move home within Lichfield District - this is so we can transfer your claim to your new address. 

If you are moving out of the area, you will need to contact your new local council to find out about the help you can apply for.

How to tell us you have moved

To report a change of address you will need to provide the following information:

  • surname
  • date of birth
  • national insurance number
  • postcode
  • claim reference

You will also need to provide:

  • details of any changes since your last application, including any changes in household members
  • evidence of rent, if you are liable to pay rent on your new home (such as your rent book or new tenancy agreement)

Please note: this form is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11. 

Report a change of address

Please read our full privacy notice.

Please note: Our benefits system is not available between 2am to 2.15am (Monday to Thursdays) and 2am to 4am (early Saturday mornings) to allow for maintenance to take place. Please do not use our benefits system between these times, as you may lose your data. Thank you.