Universal credit

Universal credit was fully rolled out to all areas of Lichfield District in November 2018.

It replaces all new claims for the following working-age benefits: child tax credit, housing benefit, income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA), income-related employment & support allowance (ESA) and working tax credit.

If you make a new claim for one of the above working-age benefits you will need to claim for it as part of an application for universal credit through us.

Apply for universal credit

If you would like help towards your council tax, you will still need apply to us for local council tax support.