Anti-social behaviour

Reporting anti-social behaviour 

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is a broad term used to describe the day-to-day incidents of crime, nuisance and disorder that can make people’s lives a misery – from litter and vandalism, to public drunkenness or aggressive dogs, to noisy or abusive neighbours. 

Things we can help to address include:

  • Neighbour or neighbourhood disputes.
  • Anti-social behaviour related to begging or homelessness.
  • Anti-social behaviour related to young people and adults.
  • A dispute over parking (where no parking offence has been committed).

We have put together a quick checker to help you find out whether your enquiry/complaint should be handled as an anti-social behaviour case, or whether another agency can help you.

If your enquiry/complaint is considered anti-social behaviour related, you will then be able to fill in the form to report your issue. If your enquiry is better handled by another agency/in another way, the checker will provide you with the right advice and guidance.

Report anti-social behaviour

Alternatively, find out more about where to report particular concerns to:

Reporting a crime

Please report any criminal matters such as criminal damage, harassment or speeding vehicles to the police on 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if a crime is in progress. If it is not an emergency, call 101 to report the incident to the police or contact Crimestoppers to give information about crime anonymously. If the dispute is related to fire or fireworks you should contact the Fire Service on 999 in an emergency or on 0300 330 1000 for general enquiries.

Environmental issues

If your dispute is related to littering, dog fouling, noise or fly tipping you should contact the environmental health team by email or by calling 01543 308725. More information about how to report environmental health issues and what they can help you with can be found on the environmental health pages of our website.

Trees and hedges

If you have neighbour dispute regarding trees or hedges, you should contact the arboricultural team by contact the arboricultural team by email or call them on 01543 308207.

Concerns for safety

If you are concerned for the safety or a child, young person you should contact Staffordshire County Council's first response team on 0800 131 3126 or 0345 604 2886 for out of hours emergencies.

If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult please contact 0345 604 2719 or 0345 604 2886 for out of hours emergencies

You can find out more about safeguarding and what to do if you have concerns on the safeguarding page of our website.

Social housing

Residents who are social housing tenants should report issues directly to their landlord in the first instance using the contact details below: 

Hate crime 

If you feel you are being targeted you can contact Uniting Staffordshire Against Hate (USAH) who provide support to victims of hate crime. You can contact them through the USAH website or by calling 0330 0881 339.