Anti-social behaviour and how we can help

What is not anti-social behaviour

The following things are not necessarily anti-social behaviour and are often best resolved by speaking to your neighbours and coming to a compromise - if you feel comfortable doing so.

Ball games

Children have a right to play in their own neighbourhoods but their games should not lead to damage to other people’s property, or cause a noise disturbance late at night or early in the morning. If you have children, encourage them to be respectful of other people’s property, use a soft ball and, where possible, play on open space or play areas. 

Parking disputes

As long as your vehicle is taxed and you are not contravening any other traffic laws, you are allowed to park anywhere on a public highway where it is legal to do so. 

There is no automatic right to park outside your home and we cannot intervene if vehicles are legally parked.

If your neighbour’s parking is causing you difficulties, try politely speaking to them about the issue and this may resolve the problem. 

If your dispute involves cars parked on public highways, or any other dispute involving a public highway or pavement you should contact Staffordshire County Council highways team by email or by calling 0300 111 8000.

Littering, dog fouling, graffiti or fly tipping

To request our clean up squad looks into your concerns, please fill in our online forms:

Noise, smoke or bonfires

If you have a complaint about issues like noise, bonfires or smoke, please find out more in our environmental health section.

Other issues

If you have been the victim of anti-social behaviour you can contact Victim Support on 07960 204366 for specialist support and advice.