How we calculate and spend council tax
We collect council tax across Lichfield District and distribute it to the following local organisations:
- 71.1% goes to Staffordshire County Council
- 12.6% goes to Staffordshire Commissioner – Police & Crime
- 9.5% goes to Lichfield District Council
- 4.1% goes to Staffordshire Commissioner - Fire & Rescue
- 2.7% (on average) goes to your local parish council
A small amount of money (called the Local Levy) is also paid to the Environment Agency to help them build flood defences, maintain rivers and more.
There are various ways to pay your council tax, including by Direct Debit. Find out how to pay your council tax.
If you need help paying your council tax or rent visit our benefits pages.