What if I don't pay my council tax?

Action we may take against you

If you fall into arrears, we may take various recovery action, including:

  • issuing reminder and final notices.
  • making deductions from benefits.
  • making deductions from earnings.
  • obtaining court orders.
  • referring the debt to enforcement agents.
  • requesting the court to make a charge on your property.
  • bankruptcy action against the debtor.
  • committing the debtor to prison.

Any questions?

Please call 01543 308000, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.