What if I don't pay my council tax?
Action we may take against you
If you fall into arrears, we may take various recovery action, including:
- issuing reminder and final notices.
- making deductions from benefits.
- making deductions from earnings.
- obtaining court orders.
- referring the debt to enforcement agents.
- requesting the court to make a charge on your property.
- bankruptcy action against the debtor.
- committing the debtor to prison.
Please call 01543 308000, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.