We aim to put the customer at the heart of everything we do, however, we recognise there may be occasions when we do not meet the expectations of our customers.
We welcome complaints and use them to review and improve the services we provide. We also welcome compliments and make sure those involved see them, so we can use them to continue to improve.
Our complaints policy, which has been developed to reflect the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman's complaint handling code, sets out that we are committed to:
- Making it easy to make a complaint or to compliment us.
- Providing a full response to a complaint within 20 working days, or letting you know when we will respond in full.
- Treating complaints confidentially and in line with our privacy notice.
- Letting you know how to take your complaint further if you are not satisfied with our response.
- Saying sorry when we are at fault and do our very best to put things right.
- Recording complaints and compliments and using them to review and improve our services.
This section sets out how we deal with complaints and compliments in a timely, fair and consistent way.
We prioritise complaint handling and a culture of learning from complaints, and as part of this every year we publish a customer feedback report in July, which we share with all staff and elected members in order to help us learn from complaints and improve our services.
The easiest way to complain to us is to fill in our online form.